The Communications Officer is involved in all aspects of the development, implementation and evaluation of EE’s internal and external communication strategies and activities.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Simple, unified, and compelling internal and external communications
- Contribute to media strategies for the movement as a whole, for individual campaigns, and for individual activities
- Assist with drafting and editing of media statements, and coordinating responses to media enquiries
- Content creation for EE’s electronic platforms, and assisting with oversight
- Compiling of internal and external publications
- Strengthening relationships between EE and the media
- Working with EE members to amplify their voices, and develop their media skills
- Monitoring of external communications activities and evaluating of impact
Essential: Tertiary qualification in relevant field; strong news sense; ability to write quickly and accurately; ability to worth within tight deadlines and to manage competing demands; strong social media skills; willingness to travel regularly between provinces and work extended hours.
Advantageous: Knowledge of South African education policy; ability to shoot and edit photos and video; knack for graphic design.
This position is based at EE’s Head Office in Khayelitsha.
Each application should include a CV and a letter of motivation. You should motivate specifically for the position you are applying for and also detailing your interest and suitability to work at EE. Generic letters are strongly advised against. Please also include 2 contactable references.
Applications must be sent to email@example.com
Closing date: 24 September 2018 at midnight.