WANT TO WORK FOR A DYNAMIC YOUTH LED ORGANISATION?
Equal Education in the Eastern Cape is calling for applications for its 2023 Community Leadership Internship Programme
Equal Education’s Community Leadership (CL) Internship Programme is for young people who are passionate about being leaders within and outside of their communities. Through the programme, aspiring young activists develop leadership, facilitation, community organising and communication skills. During the internship, CLs will be involved in running youth groups. Our youth groups are our main platform for engaging and developing Equalisers (learner members of EE).
The work of a CL will entail: working with a team of Facilitators, building strong relationships in communities and schools, and participating in assisting with campaigns. Participants must be energetic, hard-working, self-motivated, have good facilitation skills and be team players who are able to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
The 2023 CL Internship Programme entails the following:
1. It is a one-year, full-time, paid internship based in the Youth Department.
2. Building strong relationships with various stakeholders including parents, schools and organisations.
3. Each CL will be an integral part of youth groups, which includes working with a team of Facilitators, Equalisers and parents and ensuring that logistics around youth groups are taken care of.
4. Political education, leadership development, and other training workshops.
5. Representing EE on public and private platforms.
6. Contribute to shaping an environment that is equal and safe for Equalisers to participate in.
7. Contribute to the creation of a positive environment for both members and staff at EE.
8. Provide support and training to Facilitators.
9. Show a commitment to movement building and building communities.
10. Must have an interest in working with young people.
11. Office hours are 9am – 5pm. However, CLs work flexible hours (late evenings and weekends).
Who should apply?
1. Must be between ages of 18 – 27.
2. Past experience working with schools and facilitation would be an advantage.
3. Are able to commit 100% of your time to the organisation. Successful applicants must be able to start the programme full-time on 1 February 2023.
4. Skills and Competencies
a. Must have matriculated
b. Basic computer literacy
c. Sound organising skills
d. Previous facilitation and public speaking experience would be advantageous
e. Previous experience at a youth development organisation would be advantageous
5. Characteristics we are looking for include:
● Ethical leadership
● Ability to work hard and focus
● Communication skills
● Interest in human rights issues
● Problem solving techniques.
Download the application form here. All of the questions need to be answered and sent along to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Closing date: Tuesday 24 January 2023
● Completed applications must be emailed to email@example.com by Tuesday, 24 January 2023
● Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line (Example: “Application for 2023 CL Programme”).
● Alternatively, you can complete your application and send it via email or take pictures and send it WhatsApp to the following contacts:
043 642 1616
Short-listed applicants will be called for an interview. If you are not contacted by 31 January 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.