WANT TO VOLUNTEER FOR A DYNAMIC YOUTH LED ORGANISATION?
Equal Education Gauteng is calling for applications for its 2020 volunteer-facilitator Programme.
We are looking for passionate young activists who are ready to transform the state of our schools and work with high-school learners in Tembisa, Ivory Park, KwaThema, Duduza, Tsakani, Daveyton and Etwatwa. This opportunity is designed for post-school (matric) youth to develop leadership, facilitation, community organising and communication skills. This experience will provide you with essential skills and experience in a professional setting. This is a volunteer programme, there will be no remuneration or incentive for participating in the programme.
WHAT MAKES A GREAT FACILITATOR AT EE?
● Having good facilitation and communication skills, your role will include delivering educational content in
youth groups and during mass meetings.
● Ability to mobilise people, you will be required to mobilise and engage communities of parents and learners. Having strong community-based connections would be a strong advantage.
● Be committed, EE volunteer facilitators will be required to attend weekly team meetings and other activities or actions.
● Have basic administration skills including but not limited to keeping up-to-date registers, submitting petty
cash paperwork, etc.
● Be curious, we are looking for young people who are curious about their country and the systems that make it function. If we don’t know what’s wrong, we can’t change it!
● Be a team player, as a member of the team you will be asked to participate in a number of events and
activities, these could include seminars, pickets, marches and community meetings.
● We encourage an environment of learning and reading, all facilitators will be asked to participate in training and development workshops. We want to see you grow!
● Advocacy is at the core of our work, you may be required to represent EE on public platforms.
HOW OFTEN WILL WE NEED YOU?
Every Tuesday to Thursday between 10am and 5pm. Every other day volunteer-facilitators will be required to avail themselves beyond these days especially when there are events.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
- Must have matric
- Have an interest in the education sector.
- Characteristics we are looking for include:
● Ethical Leadership
● Ability to work hard and focus
● Maturity and honesty
● Good communication skills
● Interest in human rights issues
Facilitator recruitment will take place from Monday, 17 February to Friday, 21 February 2020 in different areas (KwaTsaDuza, Daveyton and Tembisa). If you meet the criteria and you are interested to be part of this year’s volunteer-facilitator programme please join our WhatsApp group for updates.Gauteng