WANT TO WORK FOR A DYNAMIC YOUTH LED ORGANISATION?
Equal Education in Limpopo (Ga-Mashashane) is calling for applications for the Community Leadership Internship Programme.
Equal Education’s Community Leadership (CL) Internship Programme is for young people who are passionate about being leaders within and outside of their communities. Through the programme, aspiring young activists develop leadership, facilitation, community organising and communication skills. During the internship, CLs will be involved in running youth groups. Youth groups are our main platform for engaging and developing Equalisers (learner members of Equal Education). The work of a CL will entail working with a team of Facilitators, building strong relationships in communities and schools, and participating in assisting with campaigns. Participants must be energetic, hard-working, self-motivated, have good facilitation skills and be team players who are able to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
The 2023 CL Internship Programme entails the following:
- It is a one-year, full-time, paid internship based in our Limpopo Office, Ga-Mashashane (NB, our office is in Ga-Mashashane. Applicants are advised to consider this when applying as all our activities are based there)
- Building strong relationships with various stakeholders including parents, schools and organisations.
- Each CL will be an integral part of youth groups, which includes working with a team of facilitators, Equalisers and parents and ensuring that logistics around youth groups are taken care of.
- Political education, leadership development, and other training workshops.
- Representing EE on public and private platforms.
- Contribute to shaping an environment that is equal and safe for Equalisers to participate in.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive environment for both members and staff at EE.
- Provide support and training to Facilitators.
- Show a commitment to movement building and building communities.
- Must have an interest in working with young people.
- Office hours are 9am – 5pm. However, CLs work flexible hours (late evenings and weekends).
Who should apply?
- Must be between ages of 18 – 28.
- Past experience working with schools and facilitation would be an advantage.
- Are able to commit 100% of your time to the organisation. Successful applicants must be able to start the programme full-time on 1st February 2023.
- Skills and Competencies
- Must have matriculated or have a Level 4 equivalent
- Basic computer literacy
- Strong organising skills / Ability to bring people together
- Previous facilitation and public speaking experience would be advantageous
- Previous experience at a youth development organisation would be advantageous
- Characteristics we are looking for include:
- Ethical Leadership
- Ability to work hard and focus
- Passion for community development
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills
- Interest in human rights issues
- Honesty and accountability
- Problem solving ability
Please complete and download the application form here.
- Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries or require clarity regarding the application.
- Completed applications must be sent via email to the email addresses at the bottom by Monday, 23 January 2023.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email (Example: “Application for 2023 CL Programme”).
- Alternatively, you can complete your application, take pictures and send it via WhatsApp to the following contacts:
Tiny Lebelo or Mcebisi Kunene
Junior Organiser Junior Organiser
Short-listed applicants will be contacted for an interview. If you are not contacted by 24 January 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.National Organising