WANT TO VOLUNTEER AT A DYNAMIC YOUTH LED ORGANISATION?
Equal Education National Organising in KwaZulu-Natal (Nqutu) is calling for applications 2020 volunteer facilitators!
We are looking for passionate young activists who are ready to transform the state of our schools and work with high-school learners in the 12 schools we are currently organised in eNqutu. This opportunity is designed for post-school (matric) youth to develop leadership, facilitation, community organizing and communication skills. This experience will provide you with essential skills and experience in a professional setting.
This is a volunteer programme, there will be no remuneration or incentive for participating in the programme.
WHAT MAKES A GREAT FACILITATOR AT EE?
● Having good facilitation and communication skills, your role will include delivering educational content in In school meetings, Leadership Committee meetings and youth groups.● Ability to mobilize people, you will be required to mobilize and engage communities of parents, learners, having strong community-based connections would be a strong advantage.
● Be committed, EE volunteer facilitators will be required to attend weekly team meetings and other activities or actions.
● Have basic administration skills including but not limited to keeping up-to-date registers, submitting petty cash paperwork, etc.
● Be curious, we are looking for young people who are curious about their country and the systems that make it function. If we don’t know what’s wrong, we can’t change it!
● Be a team player, as a member of the team you will be asked to participate in a number of events and activities, these could include seminars, pickets, marches and community meetings. Play a very crucial role in our campaign work.
● We encourage an environment of learning and reading, all facilitators will be asked to participate in training and development workshops. We want to see you grow!
● Advocacy is at the core of our work, you may be required to represent EE in public platforms,
HOW OFTEN WILL WE NEED YOU?
Every Tuesday to Friday from 10:00 to 16:00
At times you will be required to come on Saturdays from 10:00 to 15:00
Every other day where facilitators will be notified of special events they have to attend and/or prepare for.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
1. Must be between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
2. Skills and Competencies
a. Must have matriculated
b. Be an aspiring activist
c. Have an interest in the education sector.
d. Be a self-starter
3. Characteristics we are looking for include:
● Ethical Leadership
● Ability to work hard and focus
● Maturity and honesty
● Good communication skills
● Interest in human rights issues
If interested find and download the application for here.
Completed application forms must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or brought to the Equal Education offices at the AGM Trust Investments building, 58 Mdlalose street Nqutu (opposite the municipal offices) by Tuesday, 25 February 2020.
Successful applicants will be called for an exercise on 27 and 28 February. If you are not contacted by 26 February 2020, please consider your application unsuccessful.National Organising